discography, which is in no way complete, is divided in following
recordings are currently (2001) available on CD?
- Most important
Especially important in the case of Milstein,because of the
overwhelming impression of his live-appearance.
Milstein has recorded a very wide repertory of music of which
only few could not be considered as "top" brilliant
In front of an audience, Milstein played with much more emotion
and vitality than in the studio. This may be considered the
real Milstein style. He needed the dialog with his
Ths fact makes the few live-recordings so precious to all
who had no chance to ever attend one of his concerts.
of so many duplicate recissues the overview of all his recordings
is not really easy.
recordings are divided into the groups:
1. Recordings of Columbia in the USA 1936 and later.
These could be called "Early Recordings".(All are
Shellack - 78 rpm records)
2. Recordings of "Capitol Records" between
1950 and 1960.
3. Recordings from the year 1960 and later, issued under various
4. Reissues of previous recordings belonging to "Legendary"
or other Historical series.
5. Live-recordings from 1933 until the end of his playing,
issued onCD, LP, Tape or Video.
6. A Complete Milstein Edition has not appeared yet.(year
Art Of Nathan Milstein" ( a 6 CD box)
with the most important concert recordings